The NSW Childcare Planning Guidelines 2017 sets requirements for the outdoor spaces of childcare premises to comply with Regulation 25 of the Education and Care Services National Regulations. These guidelines aim to remove any potential for children to have access to soils containing substances at levels harmful to their health.
Investigation is required where children will have access to soils, where:
- There is a proposed site for a new premises
- When extending or altering a premises
- When earthworks or deep excavations are occurring
- The works are taking place in an area that is/will be used for children’s outdoor play once works are completed
- A soil assessment has not been undertaken at the premises
Raw Earth’s experienced consultants can guide you through the process from the Preliminary Site Investigation (Desktop Study) through to any soil sampling, risk assessment and remediation works where required.